Sunday 25 September 2011

Water baby


M left early this morning for a four hour paddleboarding session. For someone who’s not spent much time on the water she’s taken to it like a duck to, well, you know what I mean.

I decided to have a lie in, but Boo wasn’t having any of it. I’d start dropping off and she’d either start licking my head or jumping on me playfully, usually dangerously close to the groin. After many failed attempts I gave in, administered an intensive belly rub and went to get a bowl of last night’s soup for breakfast.

M came back glowing from her session. I suspect I am to become a paddleboarding widower. The she went for a nap, since she’s out tonight for an evening with her first husband –techno. Claude Young was playing his first SF set in nearly a decade and it would have taken a small thermonuclear device to stop her. Since tomorrow is a work day I wasn’t going, but she had the day off and was intent of going sailing on Monday afternoon. At this rate she might even be teaching me in a few months.

No comments: