Sunday 11 September 2011

Injury time


OK, the pain hasn’t gone away so it’s time for some help. M found me a good chiropractor (if there is such a thing – I have my doubts) and we went to see him. Got a back crack that seemed to help and he recommended a couple of day’s bed rest. Fat chance with the BUILD conference coming up.

While Monica was getting her shoulder seen to I popped across the street to pick up some supplies. We needed clam juice for a Portuguese fish stew I’ve been planning and Andronicos, a local supermarket chain, looked to be the place to find it. Sadly, the holding company had just signed up for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and the store was ¾ empty and full of depressing notes thanking us for our business. Andronicos is a good chain, and stays open later than most – it’s sad to see it fall beneath the Whole Foods/Berkeley Bowl/Trader Joes juggernaut.

The back work helped somewhat, and the fish stew worked very well, although a bit more chili would have given it more bite. Tomorrow I fly to LA and face conference food, so it was good to have a home cooked meal before I go.

No comments: