Sunday 1 June 2008

Pub quiz


We’re heading down to the Dog and Bell for quiz night tonight. We’ll probably get beaten hollow as there are two professional teams who go down and take it too seriously. I’ve written and hosted the quiz a few times and those teams are so anal I’m surprised they don’t suck up the furniture when they sit down.

Still, a fun night, washed down by a few jars of ESB. Not too much however, as by pint number three brain functions get seriously impaired – as my dating history shows all too well.

I hope I can find a pub quiz venue in San Francisco. It's a fun way to spend an evening; good beer and friendly competition in a convivial atmosphere makes for a good evening's entertainment. I understand the Edinburgh Tavern, a British theme pub round the corner (well, up two block and four across) from work has one. Something to investigate.

No comments: