Sunday 24 August 2008

Boredom


Sunday and it’s another grand Prix day. I got up bright and early and headed down to the diner to watch the race.

Sadly it was one of the most boring races of the season. Valencia is a new course, a street circuit, with all of the disadvantages of Monaco and none of the advantages. It ended up as a dismal parade lap and the top three places remained unchanged from start to finish.

Another disappointment was that D and his girlfriend didn’t make it. I was looking forward to picking his brains about wineries to go and visit.

One bright spot, I won first place in the raffle. I am now the proud(ish) owner of a signed photo of the start of the last race by one of the official Formula One photographers. Not sure if it’s good enough to get framed but I’ll decide that later in the season. If I win more eBay might be an option.

M&S have moved on and the house seemed very quiet so I played with the cat and read. Then everyone else got home and we all caught up before getting an early night, tomorrow the weekend ends after all.

No comments: