Monday 14 April 2008

Terminal Five


OK, let’s face it, the launch of Terminal Five has been an unmitigated disaster for British Airways.

Its press officer was calling regularly to get me down for the launch over a month before the event but considering the colossal cock up that followed I’m surprised they tried. Not beta testing the place before the launch has cost BA dear and will continue to do so for some time to come.

But on my first flight from there I have to say it’s quite impressive. It’s got that newly built cleanliness that works well, there’s a decent selection of shops (although overpriced) and some of the departure gates are close enough to allow you to have a glass of wine while waiting for your flight and still keep an eye on the queue.

Of course, I’m flying hand luggage only, which helps. It’ll be a long time before I trust check in luggage to the place, but once they get the wrinkles sorted out it’ll be a worthy addition to Heathrow.

No comments: