Saturday 22 March 2008

WTF!



In the last 48 hours I've seen four hailstorms hit (one with ice the size of your fingernail), snow, sleet and tropical-style rain. This is just not right, and a poor way to spend the 'nail a troublemaker to a tree' long weekend. Bring on the fog of San Francisco say I.

Anyway, enough of my whinging. I spent most of the morning at Borough Market food shopping and eating bratwurst with sauerkraut. Picked up some lovely venison that's going to go into a massive stew on Monday, with lashings of bacon, onions, red wine and mushrooms, as well as getting two of the best chocolate brownies in the world - one of which was promptly inhaled.

I am a bit concerned about where to find game in the US. I've found one place in the city that sells venison, but it's sourced from New Zealand so hardly low in food miles. But there's nowhere that sells rabbit and a year without its tender flesh would be a misery, or at least a decided embuggerance. Of course you can get A rabbit, but I feel the Saveabunny folks might get suspicious after the second or third visit.

Then again, thanks to the 2nd amendment I should have to right to bear arms and go and hunt my own. Although thinking about it didn't they bring that amendment in to stop limeys shooting up the country in the first place?

No comments: