Wednesday 5 March 2008

Intro/Outro - with a nod to Neil Innes

At the tail end of last year I got good and bad news. The bad is that the head of our San Francisco office had decided to move companies, and indeed countries. The good was that they needed someone to replace him and I was in the running.

Now it looks as though I'm not only in the running but the favourite, with the next best option being a three legged nag expecting a visit to the nearest Pedigree Chum factory. So long as I can get certain details sorted it looks as though I'll be able to start the 30 day clock some time in the next week or so and be in Fogtown by April. Exciting but a wee bit scary.

The last few months have been a tad stressful and there have been many ups and downs, some of which will get referenced at some point I have little doubt. But in the meantime, at the suggestion of a good friend I'll be blogging the experiences of a dyed-in-the-wool Brit moving to San Francisco and becoming a stranger in a very strange land indeed.

The following blog will hopefully serve many purposes. It'll save an awful lot of phone calls by keeping my friends and family updated, let me vent in a city where I know fewer people than the fingers on my left hand and give an outlet to write.

Writing's what I do for a living and it's also my passion – there are very few things in life that can compete with feeling of a good sentence flowing onto the page and the others generally involve other people, intensely good music or near frozen Moskovskaya Cristall with an en suite snow-bound sauna.

Read and enjoy, and comments are always welcome.

1 comment:

Sarah Slade said...

I think you need a photo. Not necessarily of you, but maybe a picture of that swing bridge in Deptford morphing into the Golden Gate bridge