Sunday 23 March 2008

Beware the black dog


An oddish sort of a day. Very nice Sunday lunch with V, hubby Mr. P (short for Perfect – the way she first described him) and family. But the walk back was full of the realisation that I’ll probably not see them again until Christmas. What will have changed in that time, and will their little CJ even remember me as she gets a year older I wonder?

It’s a difficult feeling, something like pre-homesickness. This wasn’t helped by the weekend’s packing and the knowledge that the family are all overseas at the moment. We usually spend Easter together but schedules didn’t allow it this time. Maybe I should have gone to Portugal with some of them after all.

Anyway, all things pass, and my bedroom currently makes Tracy Emin’s ‘Bed’ look like the work of an obsessive neat freak.

No comments: