Friday 25 July 2008

Kindred spirits

I've been active on online communities for over a decade but there's a group over here I felt I really must get into.

Yelp is a bunch of people who review places - restaurants, bars, shops, pretty much everything in fact. It's a tremendously useful to the outsider but they also do events.

One in particular caught me eye - DYL Fridays. DYL stands for destroy your liver; basically find a good pub and go drinking.

Tonight I broke my DYL cherry and had a really good night. Met some interesting people, had a good time and chuckles were had all round.

One downside. Got chatting to a lovely lass, flirted a bit and then found out she's 23. I'm actually old enough to be her dad. Step away Mr T, that's more than slightly icky.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

like the DYL idea!!! and get over yourself. 23. geez. silly boy

Silicon Limey said...

DYL is great, I'm very fond of it.

in my defence I really didn't know. What am I supposed to say - "Wow, you looked ten years older." I'm not that rude.