Friday 4 July 2008

Independence Day


Here’s an odd feeling. Spend a national holiday that’s basically “Huzzah, we’ve kicked out the Brits and can misspell aluminium any time we like” day. And yet here I was.

All in all a very odd day. T & E had gone home to see their parents for the weekend, the office (and pretty much everything else) was closed and SF was packed with tourists.

That said it was a good day. It started early, around midnight. I felt the need to call home and stayed up until 3am to speak to my sister on family matters and then to F, a good friend, to chew the fat and chat to someone I miss.

Then around the sales to see what I could replace from my wardrobe. Found a great pair of trousers and then headed to my local for a few pints. I missed S around the place but met some interesting folks and had a slice at Mystic Pizza. It was wonderful; more toppings than you get on a whole pizza at home and a nice crisp base. Then home for an early night.

But that was slightly delayed by the fireworks. The amount of gunpowder going of you'd think it was Basra. Strange but nice.



1 comment:

Sarah Slade said...

Must have sounded a bit like November in south London.